Monthly Kindle Book Club
Book of the Month: May 2020
A Case of Blackmail in Belgravia, by Clara Benson
• Four stars on Kindle
• Kindle price $0
• 263 pages
It’s 1929, and Ticky Maltravers is the toast of London high society, adored by everyone—or so it seems until somebody poisons him over dinner. Now it turns out that numerous people with secrets to hide had every reason to wish him dead. But which of them murdered him?
For Freddy Pilkington-Soames, newspaper reporter and man-about-town, the question hits a little too close to home, thanks to an unfortunate drunken encounter with Ticky’s corpse which he’d much rather the police didn’t find out about—and thanks also to his exasperating mother Cynthia’s seeming determination to get herself arrested by tampering with the evidence.
But a pretty girl with big blue eyes is demanding his help in solving the mystery, so what can he do but agree? Now all he has to do is hide the wrong clues, find the right ones, and unmask the murderer before the police discover what’s really been going on. That ought to be easy enough. If only people didn’t keep getting killed…
Self-isolation can be a fantastic opportunity to catch up on reading, however, it is also a difficult time to get books – shops are closed, libraries are closed, and visiting friends to swap books is not an option.
So what better time to start reading digital books than right now? It may not be your preferred option – but it’s a fantastic way to tap into a huge library of books without leaving your home.
What is the Amazon Kindle App?
Kindle is a library in your pocket! – And you don’t need a Kindle e-book device to use it!
Choose from over a million Kindle books from the Kindle Store or enjoy popular magazines and newspapers, such as The Economist, The Spectator, The Guardian and The Daily Mail, with high-resolution colour images.
• Read Free Books — Choose from more than one million free e-books such as Pride & Prejudice or Treasure Island.
• Shop for Books — easily shop for e-books, including bestsellers and new releases. Choose from over 650,000 titles and 200,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else. Prices vary.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia — The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your e-books.
• Sync Your E-Books — The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and syncs automatically, so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device.
• Sample Books Before You Buy — Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading — Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background colour, and orientation (portrait or landscape) for reading your books.
The Ingenia Be Active Kindle Book Club
The Ingenia team have poured over the Kindle app to find our monthly book club options. To keep the costs down, we have opted to use the FREE books for the Be Active Book Club.
• Download the Kindle App to your phone or device (see above links)
• Use the search bar to search for this suggested book of the month
• Read our suggested book and then we would love to hear your reviews!!!!
• Email your book review to [email protected]
• There will be a new book club suggestion every month.
Would you like to suggest a book?
Do you have any books that you have found on Kindle that you can suggest others to read? Send through your suggestions and a book review and we will consider it for a future month.
Accessing FREE book options
You can find the FREE book options by following these simple steps:
1. Open up your Amazon Kindle app
2. Click on the Kindle Store
3. Scroll to the bottom where it has ‘more to explore’ and a list of categories
4. Click on the category you are interested, for example, ‘Mystery, Thriller & Suspense”
5. Click on ‘see all titles’
6. Click the Filter button on the right, then click on ‘sort by’ and select ‘price: Low to High’
7. It will then bring up all the Mystery books in the store, but list the $0 to buy ones first!
Source – Google Play Apps